
Over the past month, TeenVogue.com has been doing this fantastic thirty-day back-to-school makeover. If this had launched a few years back, when I was still in high school, I would have studied and memorized all thirty pointers. Because not only is the advice that good, but I get unusually excited about little pearls of daily wisdom (that's why Fashionista.com and every other dishy fashion blog out there is so addictive).
Clicking on Teen Vogue's website today, I realized that thirty days have come and gone and July is over. How did this happen? Where did the summer go? Am I going to wake up and realize that my New York City adventure was just a daydream?
Luckily, I'll have a few mementos to remind me of my city summer. Day 24's tip about 5 minute makeup, for example, was my grand movie debut. Although I was shaky and shy for the entire four minutes, I have one happy video and a covetable amount of Clinique products to show for it. And then there was Day 26, my very own advice for "Channeling Your Inner Gossip Girl." It's always a treat to write about the only show I'll sacrifice my social life for, and it's even more thrilling to read comments like, "This is a great tip, very private school chic," straight from Teen Vogue readers.
If you haven't yet, click through the back-to-class advice. Even if you decide not to chop off your hair (day 10) or buy Vanessa Hudgens' latest album (day 8), you'll inevitably feel a little more jazzed about returning to school. I know I do.
-tf