Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dusk and Summer

Aside from too many trip to Whole Foods, I really haven't spent much money this summer in the city. No moments of weakness at Marc Jacobs, no over-the-top sample sale splurges, no vintage handbag fumbles.

Yet in the past two days alone, I've returned home with two glorious wrapped-and-ribboned purchases. Completely unexpected purchases. Even more curious is that both items are... sweatshirts. I must really be ready for fall.















The first is a bold rugby striped sweatshirt that I found at, well, Rugby of all places. I caught sight of it on my way home from work Friday, then headed back Saturday to buy it because all I thought about for twelve hours straight was how much my college wardrobe and study habits would benefit from a bold, bright striped pullover. What can I say, I love a great stripe.

The second is the sweetest fleece-dress hybrid ever created from Anthropologie, the sweetest little store known to man. From the ruffles to the eyelet, from the fabric-covered buttons to the puffy sleeves, this is the sweatshirt of my dreams. I also have my eye on a cherry red, bow-adorned one, but eh, $88 for study sweats?

-tf

P.S. Those are my J Brand's, aren't they as lovely as I promised? So worth the investment.