I loved ruffles when I was two. On socks, on skirts, on sleeves. I took however I could get them. Somehow, now that I'm 21, I adore them even more.
This Christian Cota dress caught my eye, and I instantly saw it hanging in my closet. I pictured it under cozy cardigans and prim jackets and little boy blazers, over thin thermals and striped Ts and sleek turtlenecks. And patterned tights, always patterned tights!
The gold is gorgeous, and my school color to boot. I can't rule out the charcoal, especially after today's dose of Who What Wear Daily convinced me of gray's many virtues. Unfortunately (or luckily?) they're so wildly expensive I don't have to choose one and I can dream about both.
Now that I'm thinking about, maybe ruffled socks deserve another go-round. They would certainly be a more cost-effective purchase than the two-grand investment of this dress.
-tf