Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fabulous Frye










After a week of anticipation, the beloved Paige boots from Frye finally descended on my doorstep. The box was enormous and Piperlime's packaging is endlessly enticing. The boots were lovely; rounded toes, side buckles, and sumptuous brown leather were even better looking in person. However, they were a little large in size, so much so that when I tried to strut around the house I looked more like a little girl playing dress up in her mom's shoes.

They were so pretty that I wore them for a few hours while lying on the couch, just so I could look at them, but they have to go back. Even the thickest socks won't solve their problem and even the biggest paycheck won't assuage my guilt for spending $400 on a pair of shoes.

Maybe if I catch them on sale or spy them on eBay (not likely, since I get easily exhausted clicking around that site), I'll reintroduce them into my closet. While they're worth every penny, right now I'm more comfortable having those pennies in my piggy bank.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the Frye's.