

I may be on winter break, but I still think it's important to learn something new every day. Yesterday I learned there is nothing good on TV on Wednesday nights. Today I learned about a new Parisian label called The Kooples (that's "couples" said in a French accent) from Women's Wear Daily.
The label is fabulous, the article is fantastic, and the author made a reference to "bobos" that was the cleverest thing I read all day. "Nicolas Ratieville, 30, and Honorine Crosnier, 29, both TV producers," "embody The Kooples’ 25- to 35-year-old bobo (BOurgeois-BOhemian) target audience."
David Brooks's Bobos In Paradise has been on my bookshelf for half a year and on my nightstand for a month. I'm only midway through, because I've been using it as a breath of nonfiction between imaginative novels like The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
Even though I don't completely understand the world of bourgeois bohemians - hopefully the last ten chapters will enlighten me - I'm already looking forward to dropping the word "bobo" into everyday conversations.