Friday, January 9, 2009

Something Shiny













Much to my excitement, Teen Vogue chose Miss Ginny Branch as this week's "blogger of the moment!" Ginny is my favorite. She is charming and adorable and her gem of a blog encapsulates everything lovely about New York City.

Reading "My Favorite Color is Shiny" is like peeking into the scrapbook of a girl about town who would rather read literature and collect bows and search for vintage gems than hit up nightclubs or pose for the paparazzi. She's like a real-life Tinkerbell who spreads fairy dust wherever she goes. Every time I popped into Marc by Marc Jacobs this past summer, I feared running into her because I just know I would get all flustery and starstruck.

But then again, I get starstruck around everyone who has ever appeared in a magazine, on the television, or even on the internet. I am easily (and frequently) impressed.