Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seeing Double















Have you ever considered buying one pair of shoes twice? The summer after my freshman year of college, I found myself at Saks Fifth Avenue in Chicago faced with a pair of beautiful metallic Marc by Marc Jacobs moccasins for a price that, while still expensive, wouldn't force me to take out a college loan.

It was my first pair of designer shoes, and also the first pair of shoes I've worn consistently for nearly two years. While they no longer have their original soles and the leather has lost a bit of its luster, they continue to be my go to shoes for errands and class.

Now that these beloved mocs available for more than half off, I can't suppress the idea that I should buy another pair. I already know that they would receive as much love as the originals, but is the concept of buying one pair of shoes twice a fashion no-no? Do shoes wear out as a sign for the wearer to move on to new things?

P.S. For a little evidence as to how much I love these babies, read my ode to them from February of '07.