Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Peter Pan Syndrome

teenvoguebowcrazy
Whenever I need to put a smile on my face, I clip a bow-bedecked bobby pin in my hair and I instantly feel the corners of my lips start to lift. Staring at this snapshot, from last month's Teen Vogue, brings a similar relief to rainy, worn-out, or generally gloomy days. It's bright, it's happy, it's filled with flowers and bows and braids and diamonds and all of the things that make every girlie girl grin.

When a critical commenter recently wrote in, accusing me of having immature ideas and childish taste because I spend my time dreaming about Marc by Marc (instead of Marc Jacobs' grown up line) and Teen Vogue (instead of the mag's big sister), I couldn't help but smile. Because I knew it was true.

I can't deny I'm young at heart, but I wouldn't have it any other way.