

Living in New York last summer, I walked by the Nolita location of In God We Trust at least twice a day for three months. I went in the very first day but never again, not because I didn't like it. Because I liked it way too much... and because the prices were way too much.
My parents came to visit my last week in the city, and the day before we were to fly out, I dragged them to my old stomping grounds to bid farewell. It was during one of the worst storms of the season and we popped in In God We Trust, less to shop and more to seek refuge from the rain. I ended up in the dressing room with a sailor dress that I had been admiring all summer long, and thanks to mom, ended up with an In God We Trust shopping bag holding my treasured dress tied up in ribbon.
I still love it just as much as I did in August, but my friends have gotten tired of seeing me in it. I've worn it under cardigans, over Ts, with belts; and while it's still in mint condition, I'm worried that it will be worn out by the end of the summer. If that were to happen, this little number would make a nice replacement. Maybe I should buy it now. You know, just in case.
The fine print: 1) I promise I haven't sold out ModCloth -- I just really like their clothes. 2) I am going to make a conscious effort to bring you more photos straight from my closet. Literally straight from my closet, as I propped my laptop up on my top shelf and used Photobooth for this snapshot. Not the best photo quality, but definitely the most time-efficient.