Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Beales of Grey Gardens















This "Grey Gardens" dress, named after the movie, and was appropriately enough styled in such a madcap way that Little Edie must have been the inspiration behind it.

Is anyone else exceedingly excited for Grey Gardens? I was fortunate enough to catch the play on Broadway just before it closed, and it was by far the most memorable show I've ever seen. The story of Big Edie and Little Edie is as endearing as it is eccentric, and HBO will bring serious charm to the Beale/Bouvier family history.

I remember reading an interview with Drew Barrymore several years ago, around the time that she had just started filming and just finished spending three months preparing for the role by living in seclusion like Little Edie did. Drew was on the brink of a breakdown in order to do the part justice.

Now I'm on the brink a breakdown waiting for this movie that I've been anxiously looking forward to for the past two years. Does anyone else already have her DVR set?