

I like my dresses short, but a few of my dresses are too short. Short enough that if even a small gust of wind were to blow past me I would have more than a Marilyn moment. Short enough that if I were to run up the stairs to class
— because I always think I'm going to be late — I might get some unexpected attention from my classmates (and not in a good way).I spent last weekend searching for a modern day mini slip, which apparently does not exist. I found plenty of polyester versions, several maxi-dress varieties, and too many "nude" colored numbers. What I want is a nice white lace-trimmed half slip that can slip out if necessary without causing a style scandal. So far, I have had no luck but this little dress would make a nice layering piece.
The charm of layering is no secret, but there's something so special about layering dresses. Especially if ruffles are involved. The gray would go with everything and the blue would add a nice pop of color, but part of me still wonders if the perfect slip might be waiting untouched in a vintage store somewhere. Do you own any slips, or do you leave those to your grandmother?