Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On A Boat



















I typically reserve wearing my Topsiders for rainy days. I figure if they're good enough for slick sailboats, they're good enough for slippery sidewalks. They're much more comfortable not to mention way cuter for clomping around campus than wellies, and they draw me to puddles like a five year old.

Today the sun was shining and it was finally beginning to feel like spring after a season of chilly rainstorms. I was thisclose to sliding on my favorite sandals when I caught site of this street style snapshot, inspiring me to finally give my Sperrys some time in the sun.

As an aside, a really cute boy in one of my classes has the guy version of my beloved boat shoes and he wore them during a rainstorm last week too. I almost said something cute and incredibly clever ("Hey, nice shoes!"), but then my shyness got the best of me. Luckily the weatherman is predicting rain again later in the week.

Do you wear Topsiders, or do you leave them for the boys?