
I took a much-needed break from school yesterday, both to surprise my mom for Mother's Day and to selfishly take some time away from studying. Since it was her holiday, she decided a trip to TJ Maxx was in order and let's just say I didn't take much convincing to close my art history textbook and tag along.
I studied all afternoon, only instead of analyzing the difference between outsider art and feminist art, I was reviewing the merchandise inside my favorite off-price outlet. If I were being tested on the art of shopping, I would have aced the exam. I came home with a pair of strappy summertime flats that are a charming combination of trendy gladiators and little girls' saltwater sandals.
Coach. Gorgeous gold leather. Less than half the original price.
I tried to wear them to study, but I kept gazing at them instead of Klimt's paintings. Close enough, right?