

I read and adored (...and have since reread) Melissa Walker's Violet on the Runway series, a small town girl-meets-modeling agent story that's a little fabulous and a lot of fun. I expect The CW's upcoming teen soap The Beautiful Life to be much like my beloved books.
According to WWD:
"The show chronicles a group of models as they rise and fall in the international fashion arena and, much like in the real world, outrageous drama will be as much a part of the story lines as fabulous duds. It's the creation of Ashton Kutcher and Kelley of 'Swingtown' and 'The O.C.' fame, and inspired by the real-life modeling experiences of Kutcher and model-turned-writer Adam Giaudrone. 'It's about the struggle,' said Kelley. 'These aren't privileged people who have money or are trying to win a contest on a reality show. These [characters] are kids who don't have a lot of opportunities outside of their looks, and they are trying to parlay whatever success they have into an actual future.'"
If nothing else, I'll tune in for the fashion. Will you watch The Beautiful Life?
Material Girls: The Stars of 'The Beautiful Life, Women's Wear Daily.