Sunday, July 5, 2009

Serena sees off her sister Venus in style to win her third singles title

New champion Serena on her Wimbledon win:

'I can't believe I've got her trophy. It hasn't settled in that I won yet. I can't believe it. I really am honoured and blessed to be out here.

She (Venus) the greatest on grass. I feel really honoured and blessed. I look forward to the doubles.'


Serena Williams holds the Venus Rosewater Dish after beating her sister Venus in the women's singles final


Some words from runner-up Venus:

'Today she was too good, she had an answer for everything. She played the best tennis today so congratulations. I don't think the loss has set in yet because I'm still smiling.

'I've had so many great times here and of course I'm looking forward to next year and the doubles final later. I love what I do and most of all I love playing these finals.'



Serena Williams and Venus Williams win women's doubles title with 7-6 6-4 win over Sam Stosur and Rennae Stubbs.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]