
Since I'm a senior in college, I feel as though I should start thinking about swapping my posters for actual art that I won't outgrow after a few months of staring at it. Right now, my walls are largely bare, save for framed Audrey Hepburn Moon River sheet music, and I think this would be a cheerful addition to my otherwise white room.
Vivienne Strauss is an artist who gives her paintings names that are every bit as perfect as her quirky characters. The charming watercolor above is called, "Hitsy Parnell Pirtle and Bon Bon, aka Prissy Britches, prepare for the arrival of their guests to their annual watermelon party."
Others include "Hitsy Parnell had in fact gained what is known as the freshman 15 but neither Vickie Lowe nor Adelaide Kilgrow were going to be the ones to tell her" and "Despite all personal resolve to lead an organized life, Ann de Treville Lawrence found that each passing day was in fact becoming less so."
Art at its finest.