Sometimes Gap really saves the day. I only have my late summer and early fall wardrobes with me at school, and I have kept the faith that denim and lots of layers would keep me toasty until Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, a cold front hit and a semi-formal unexpectedly came up and all of the sudden I found myself in dire need of a few things that just couldn't wait until break.
So off to Gap I went, and in one fell swoop I found a charming warm jacket and a sassy little dress. Done and done. While I did stimulate the economy a little bit, I didn't break my bank.
The ruffled-neck number can be dressed up or down, professional or pretty. Bare legs, an embellished belt, and bow-adorned high heels (and a few glasses of wine) will take me to the dance floor. With a blazer and ballet flats, the same dress could be worn to work. Uh, assuming I had a job outside of the confines of my laptop.
-tf