When Martha Stewart yanked Blueprint from the ranks last year, I mourned for months. Even this past Christmas, nearly twelve months after the last issue was published, I felt a twinge of sadness knowing that the magazine's cheerful holiday issue wouldn't be delivered to my doorstep.
After hearing this latest bit of media heartbreak, I'm beyond repair. Conde Nast just announced that Domino is officially folding. How can I possibly carry on their motto of living my life with style without their monthly guidance?
Women's Wear Daily full report will be in tomorrow's issue, but until then, I'll be holding on to the hope that Domino will continue its legacy online. In any case, run out and buy the latest issue today. With Zooey Deschanel on the front, it might be the best cover yet and if that's not enough justification, keep in mind that it will soon be a memento of the times. I wonder if old magazines double in value after they fold?