Monday, February 2, 2009

Football Meets Fashion














Remember how the Shipley & Halmos boys' fashion show fell on Super Bowl Sunday last year? And how they served cold Buds to the editors at the event? And how they did celebratory beer bongs with the Vena Cava girls after that?

Sam Shipley and Jeff Halmos have been charming frat boys in a sea of refined fashion elitists since their Trovata days; I can remember working myself into tears when I heard the boys split, and then rejoicing when I found out they were staying in fashion. In fact, Shipley and Halmos were directly involved in two of the most defining moments of my summer:

1) writing a profile about their label for Teen Vogue's website
2) literally bumping into Sam Shipley at a fashion party (where I was so out of my element and designer "star" struck, if you will, that I literally had to take a walk around the block)

I've been counting down the days until their fashion week presentation, but in the mean time I've been studying snapshots of their studio courtesy of Contributing Editor, a.k.a. my new favorite web site.