

Months ago, I found myself in Los Angeles armed with an incredibly generous gift card to LA's eponymous boutique Kitson and finally had an appropriate occasion to splurge on J. Brand jeans. Splurge I did, and it was one of the best purchases of the year. Capri jeans by description, the hem hits my ankle at the perfect Hepburn-esque length, making them perfect for showing off pretty flats and tucking into cold weather boots.
My only fear is wearing them too much - to the point of wearing them out. Buying them again crosses my mind weekly, but the designer denim price has deterred me everytime. During a quick trip to the Gap last weekend, I found a similar pair (same length, same cut, same color), but with a cute zip-leg detail and for fraction of J Brand's price.
The website doesn't do them justice; they look worlds apart without model-length legs and skyscraper platforms, but just this once, that's a good thing.