Monday, February 16, 2009

The Sex and the City Prequel















"Talk turns briefly to the closest thing TV currently has to SATC, Gossip Girl. Sarah Jessica, whose retro-tinged vocabulary is matched by a charming primness, asks, 'Are the characters sexually active on that show? ...I hear it’s pretty sophisticated, the content. Is there any concern over the impression that it’s making on young women? I’m not asking in condemnation, but I’m just curious...'" - Why Don't You... Sarah Jessica Parker, Harper's Bazaar.

If Sarah Jessica Parker had a teenage daughter, she could cuddle up on this couch with her on Monday nights and tune into Gossip Girl, like thousands of other mothers and daughters in America. The difference, of course, is that SJP could critique Gossip Girl with expert authority, saying " You know, I was on a show years ago, and without it, this little show wouldn't even exist with it."

The daughter, of course, would roll her eyes like any unimpressed teen.